• Nikon Camera Review: Nikon D70 Review - Brilliant camera - well done Nikon!

    23 April 2005

    Nikon D70 Review - Brilliant camera - well done Nikon!

    After finding out from the Nikon suppliers in Australia that the D70 was shipped on Monday (today is Wednesday), I madly phoned my local camera shops to see who had one available. To my horror, most stores advised all supplies that came in were pre-sold and the next shipment would not be for a few more weeks! Not one for giving up, I finally found one available at a shop a little out of my way. They held it for me, and now I have it!

    You can read many reviews on the Internet about the D70 so I won't go into it on here, except to say that the camera is worthy of nothing less but the best review! There are bound to be 'bad' or negative points about the camera, but these are usually down to people's own perception and don't always reflect the average user. If there are any bad points, I can assure you they will be far outweighed by the great points! Having used both the Coolpix 5700 and D1X, I can safely say the D70 is going to become the benchmark for all the other manufacturers to aspire to - even in regards to pro-DSLR's. Having only had a few hours to play around with it, I'm amazed at the features the camera has and how easily accessible they are. With a little more playing around I'm sure to find many more features the D70 can do I wasn't aware of.

    One piece of advice: if you're like most people and toss the manual into a dark corner somewhere, think again! Read the manual as you will find there are many features on this camera that are normally only found on cameras 3 times more expensive.

    Overall it's worth every star of the 5 stars I've given it. Well done Nikon. No wonder the first round of units were all pre-sold before they hit our shores! Most people know when they're onto a good thing!

    source>>

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

    Powered by Blogger