• Nikon Camera Review: Nicon D70 Review - A class by itself- significantly better than the EOS 300

    23 April 2005

    Nicon D70 Review - A class by itself- significantly better than the EOS 300

    Before I purchased the D70, I bought the EOS 300 Digital "Rebel" mostly because of my positive experience with a Canon A80 digital and the less expensive price vs. the D70. I absolutely love the A80 and Canon quality and customer service is first rate and wanted to upgrade resolution, FPS, and shooting flexibility. I was disappointed that even though I experienced a slight improvement in picture resolution, I found the EOS 300 Rebel just underwhelming in terms of design, function and ease of use. It felt heavy and awkward, and didn't seem a significant improvement over the A80. I also had a problem with the lens(an upgrade from the lens kit). The auto focus servo malfunctioned, only worked in one direction, and the camera could not focus at all in low light. I returned the EOS camera and lens and bought the Nikon D70 and 18-70 lens kit, the other option for entry level digital prosumer gear. WOW, what a difference and what a beautiful camera! Amazing image/color quality, fast auto focus, with low-light beam assist. The metering is dead-on precise, I can even get an accurate exposure with 30 second shutter speeds! Changing film speed, white balance, aperture, shutter speed is one touch controlled with dials at thumb and forefinger. The menu works like windows with very easy to access and use. The lens is a wider focal range and better quality than the Rebel kit. The D70 feels great in the hand: solid, lightweight with natural ergonomics. It was intelligently designed by people who use cameras, know digital photography, and not just an adaptation from an older model film camera. Spend the extra few $'s for the D70, and especially now with the $200 rebate on the camera and lens kit.

    source >>

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

    Hi there Informant, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on digital photography review I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for digital photography review. Should the need ever arise where you need information on digital photography review then drop by for a look.

    5:41 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

    Powered by Blogger