• Nikon Camera Review: Nikon D70 Review - The only things wrong with this camera...

    23 April 2005

    Nikon D70 Review - The only things wrong with this camera...

    I'm not going to go in depth about how much I love this camera because all of it has been said in all the other reviews. I will detail what I have found 'annoying' and what I don't like about the camera.

    First, some background. I bought the camera in mid December 2004, and have shot my wife, my son (9mos), my dog, went to the zoo and wild animal park in San Diego, the beach, cloudy conditions, sunny conditions, and snowy conditions. Most of my pictures turned out great, and the ones that didn't were mostly my fault.

    The problems I have had with the camera:

    Lack of ISO through the viewfinder. You have no idea what the ISO is when you are framing the shot. I have had several pix taken at ISO 800 and 1600 without knowing. Not a big problem, because of how good the image quality is at high ISOs, just kind of annoying.

    Packaged software sucks. I'm not a big post processor, but Picture Project is not worth the media it is on. Good thing you can download Nikon View for free. I am too cheap to by Capture.

    "Underexposure" problem. Some pictures are slightly under exposed so as not to blow highlights. Added +.3 exposure compensation seemed to help. Fotogenic's PS4 custom curve helped a lot too.

    Dang LCD cover. This thing is great to keep your LCD from getting scratched, but dust keeps getting in between it and the LCD. If you remove it to clean the dust, make sure you snap it back on good or say good bye to it.

    That's about it. Minor annoyances to an otherwise great camera. If these things are intolerable to you, I would suggest another camera. If not, you cannot go wrong with the D70.

    source >>

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

    Powered by Blogger